As our move has now been delayed I am now reviewing how I did on the targets I set for last week:
- To smile more and communicate clearly
I haven’t had a bad week on this front with the occasional lapse: particularly when Maureen tried to hang washing on a tree and ended up treading on a freshly set part of my vegetable plot. I didn’t smile at this escapade and became frustrated that my hard work had been undone.
- To visit family in Coventry
- To have a day out together
No progress has been made on the above.
- To go out and leave Maureen to her own devices for an hour on two separate occasions
I have left Maureen on a couple of occasions almost approaching the hour mark
- To revise and dance our routines to the Cha Cha in our Lounge
We have had the odd smooch but no Cha Cha in the last week
- To encourage Maureen to do crosswords or jigsaws
Thursday’s carer did a couple of crosswords with Maureen and I have bought a jigsaw
- To attempt to resolve Maureen’s shortage of clothing
I have bought Maureen 3 pairs of joggers which are awaiting examination. The pyjama trousers I bought are uncomfortable.
The question is am I doing a good job? I think I have done well in the last week by exploring Day Care at Royal Court and a move into Lindsey Hall Nursing Home.
I hope to make progress on some of the issues that are outstanding in the coming week.
Three additional targets for this week:
- To explore avenues for some form of immediate respite
- To explore moving into single rooms in Lindsey Hall on a temporary basis
- To explore viable alternatives to moving into Lindsey Hall